Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dry wall is up...


Oh my gosh, I can't believe in two weeks my future house has gone from a concrete foundation to a fully framed house with inspected/signed off electrical, plumbing, HVAC, insulation, and now dry wall hung, tapped, sealed, and ready to be sanded/primed/painted! Oh yeah, they also poured the foundation floor, and garage floor. It is scary how fast this whole thing has progressed.

I suppose by the end of next week, the house will be primed and painted, floors buffed out, resilient laid down, and cabinets/bath fixtures in.  It amazes me how fast this all goes.

From what I can tell things look good.  I put my hands on the dry wall in the areas I was concerned about insulation (which I didn't get to inspect due to the lightning fast progress).  What I found was that most of the areas felt warm like the walls where I know the insulation was well installed.  However, there are a couple areas that I felt probably weren't well insulated and indeed, those sections of wall are cooler to the touch so the insulation quality is definitely affected.  I'm not sure what to do, but Ryan homes does pay to have the house independently performance tested so I will receive a report and pictures of where the house leaks heat.  I think I will wait for those results.
In any case, I'm so excited about all the progress, and I really like the house, though it does look a lot smaller with the drywall up.  Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment