Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Stopped by worksite today

I stopped by the construction site today to see what progress has been made over the past week. Wow! The weeping tile, drainage, and utility connections are all in and the land is back filled. I was a little concerned the ground was backfilled before the basement slab was poured, but everything seems fine; the walls don't seem to be bowing inward, and I can't see any cracks so it appears they were careful about the back filling. I've had friends of friends watch as their basement walls cracked while being back filled, so the fact that mine aren't cracked is good.
Stay tuned for updates as my lumber kit is scheduled to be delivered on Friday! I will be down to the site again to watch them unload the kit and check up on any framing they begin. Here's to hoping for mild weather for another week or two so they can get the frame up, and the house enclosed. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment