Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Wonderful!







I stopped by the house today before going into work and wow, what a huge difference.  The kitchen cabinets are in, the countertop on, all the baseboard and door trim is up and painted.  The doors are in my living room and closet, painted and ready to be re-hung.  The staircase baluster is up, the resilient flooring is in the kitchen/dining room, back hall, front entry, and upstairs bathroom.  So much has been done, but a lot more needs to be done.  Touch up plaster work, final painting, base quarter-round trim, kitchen crown molding, electrical fixtures, door handles, toilets, carpet, etc.  One interesting mistake is the oak cabinet in the bathroom, it was supposed to be upgraded to an Andover Maple Spice cabinet.  I thought about canceling the upgrade at my pre-construction meeting, but didn't bother, very interesting how they ended up putting the standard oak in anyway.  My PM says they will change it out, I told him I didn't care either way, I either get the nicer cabinet, or I get some money back and keep a fine cabinet, no sweat.  There is still a lot to do before we close.  Overall, I really like this house, it is beginning to feel like 'home'.  Let's hope everything goes through.

No comments:

Post a Comment